Help me choose a 3d program. Which one is the best?

Started by TheBadger, September 06, 2011, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airflamesred

If, as it appears, that budget is not an issue then max or maya, with zbrush would pretty much cover all angles. The UI is your only consideration really.

TheBadger

Thanks Guys, really!

I feel like I was able to find some good info based on this conversation. So I'm going make a choice soon.

Quote from: airflamesred on September 12, 2011, 04:34:50 AM
If, as it appears, that budget is not an issue then max or maya, with zbrush would pretty much cover all angles. The UI is your only consideration really.

Budget is always an issue! Some spend their money on clubs and bars, or houses and cars, or what have you. I love art. As to UI as many have now told me is where my choice is, I will spend a good amount of time thinking about this, and trying the software.

See you in image sharing ;)
It has been eaten.

jbest

If you want some really good sculpting then Zbrush is probably the best thing, from what I've seen. 3ds Max and Maya are just good overall. Yeah, Cinema4d is good too, I've seen and heard good stuff there too.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.