Oshyan's Mountain Animation - Where Is It?

Started by rcallicotte, November 29, 2011, 04:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Oshyan, do you remember making the animation flyby of a mountain and forest with cool music in the background?  I know you worked on it and I think it was collaborative.  I'm hoping for a link to show Terragen 2 off.  Can you help?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Yes!  That was too easy.  All I needed to do was look on the Planetside site!  Thanks TU.

Oshyan

It was originally a collaboration between me and Karsten Keppel (who himself is responsible for one of the most well-known but now ancient TG2 animations). I did the scene, he did the camera path, then I animated clouds and sun. We worked in a similar way on 2 earlier TG Classic animations: http://www.kk3d.de/terragen/movies/index.htm (the two at the top)

It's a shame the Renderfarm.ca video is the only one of that scene out in public right now. It's not the most current version of the scene, and not rendered at the best quality either. Really just done as a test of their render farm service. Renderfarm.ca don't even seem to be around anymore either, unfortunately.

I still hope to get back to this one...

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on November 29, 2011, 05:52:39 PM
It's a shame the Renderfarm.ca video is the only one of that scene out in public right now. It's not the most current version of the scene, and not rendered at the best quality either...
- Oshyan

I was just writing something on the same line. It would be very nice really  :)

rcallicotte

I hope you can find time for it.  It was well done and helped show off Terragen 2 to a prospective customer.

Quote from: Oshyan on November 29, 2011, 05:52:39 PM

- Oshyan