splash screen then nothing

Started by phey, January 16, 2012, 03:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phey

Um, problem with T2 vanished. T2 is running just as it should, everything seems to work normally. Not sure why I did not do anything or change any settings. I did the driver update yesterday and did a reboot as normal, I shut down the system every night on startup this morning I just for the heck of it open T2 all's well.

I would guess that the program and the driver finally got along, playing well together. Or it was the Ghost in the Machine. I think the latter. ;)

Paul J

Oshyan

I'm glad to hear it's working now, but not knowing what resolved it is a bit troubling. We haven't had reports of other issues like this that were not clearly driver-related, so if there is a bug in TG2 at least it's rare. Hopefully it won't reoccur, in any case.

- Oshyan

phey

Oshyan,

I would not fret about the why, we are dealing with Microsoft here. And after twenty years dealing with them I have come to realize that once in a while windows just does this and there is no rhyme nor reason to it, it just does. I doubt very much that there is a bug in the software. But there well could be bugs in Windows. What a surprise there!  ;D But I think you guys are pretty safe on the bug thing.

Paul J

Oshyan

Thanks for the confidence. We work hard to make sure TG2 is as stable and reliable as it can be, and most of the time I think we achieve very good results. So these few exceptions do tend to matter more to me, but you're right that there are many possible causes and as it does not seem to be occurring for others, it may well be something weird in Windows or some other aspect of your system.

In any case it works now, which is great. :)

- Oshyan

phey

Oshyan,

Here's an update on that little problem, the screen (GUI) is only messed up as per the screen shot when the computer is online with DSL. When off line it works perfectly. The problem may be with the DSL software as I have noticed a few other little things that may also be related. I will send info to my ISP and see if they respond. It could be them.

Paul J

Oshyan

Interesting (and strange) indeed! Thanks for the update. Hopefully you can get it addressed by updating the DSL software or some settings from your ISP's support dept.

- Oshyan