Dock

Started by jamfull, February 22, 2012, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamfull

Hey everyone. I haven't been on here much lately. I did this one before Christmas but never got around to posting. Enjoy.

James

digitalis99

I like it.  I've been looking for a dock for use in some of my scenes.  Did you create this yourself, or did you get it somewhere?
Pixel Plow :: Render Endlessly :: http://www.pixelplow.net

jamfull

I made it in blender. It was the first thing I made in blender and tried to render in terragen. I didn't know how to UV map at the time, so I projected the textures on.

James

digitalis99

Quote from: jamfull on February 22, 2012, 12:44:46 PM
I made it in blender. It was the first thing I made in blender and tried to render in terragen. I didn't know how to UV map at the time, so I projected the textures on.

James

Very cool.  Looks great to me.  I might have to take a crack at doing something like that.  I just haven't found any docks to even use as a starting point.
Pixel Plow :: Render Endlessly :: http://www.pixelplow.net

TheBadger

Quote from: jamfull on February 22, 2012, 12:44:46 PM

James

The wood looks really good. I haven't been to happy with projection my self, but it worked for you.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Regarding UV mapping; I have (finally, after a long struggle) found a way that works well for me. I separate the polys by angle to separate layers in Lightwave, and map them acoording to X, Z, cylindrical, whatever each. Unweld all points from each map, move parts around if necessary, then open that file in Poseray and blend all vertices there.

jamfull

Thanks for the tip Dune. I'll try adapt that to Blender and try it out.

James

Splus12

Jam, this is a totally awesome scene.  Love the clouds and scene lighting.  Keep up the good work.
Ken

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful and releasing!