Unable to reload v9 on new PC

Started by DannyG, April 05, 2012, 04:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

I have TG v.9.43 registered and running on my Windows 7 64 bit  laptop so I know it runs on it, I recently attempted to load it on my new PC which has the same OS, It keeps shutting down, attached is a screen shot of what appears before windows closes the program, has anyone had this problem ?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Strange, I haven't seen that yet, and there's very little info. I do have Classic running on Win 7 x64, so I too know that it works. Do you perhaps run in a limited user account? Possibly try uninstalling, making sure all install files are removed in /Program Files/, then reinstall, running the installer with admin privileges if possible, and/or try running the executable with admin privs.

If none of that helps, I'm at a bit of a loss. Perhaps you can find a log with more info.

- Oshyan

DannyG

"limited user account" not sure what you mean by this. I spent $99 years ago for registration, what is the limit of users per license ? This would only be my second computer I loaded it on, so if its only one than I need another and that might be my problem  ???
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

No, it's not a limit on the license. You can freely transfer it between computers and there is no online activation.

A limited user account would be if you were not running with a Windows account that had Administrative privileges.

- Oshyan

DannyG

I tried all kinds of ways to get it loaded. Same error, trouble shooted all issues, tried to run it on XP service pack 2, its conflicting with windows for some reason
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

DannyG

Oshyan,
I got it sorted, My system as a default selected "Install With Previous Version Of Windows" Thats the way I had it installed on my previous machine so I stubbornly tried to load it several times, in the end I deleted all files and plugins re installed with current windows 7 settings and it worked fine. Sanity is regained ^^
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

Glad you got it worked out, and thanks for the update.

- Oshyan