Sudden Crashes with tgd

Started by DannyG, June 03, 2012, 05:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Been working with this file for a few hours, many test renders along the way (No issue). Than for some reason it just crashed on me, Rebooted as soon as I open the file and go to the render nodes it crashes again, I tried the file on my laptop, same result. This version has been very stable on my computer until this. Hopefully its a little bump
Version 2.4.32.1
i7-2700K (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache) 16 GB ram / ASUS P8Z68-V LX / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

That's a 0kb TGD, unfortunately. Looks like it's gotten corrupted. Do you have any previous versions?

- Oshyan

DannyG

Thats odd, heres another
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

That one's got stuff in it. I can confirm the crash issue, TG disappears as soon as I access the settings for the render node. Deleting the Painted Shader node fixes the problem, so it's likely it got corrupted somehow. The Painted Shader data structure does seem somewhat fragile, unfortunately. If you haven't made changes to the Painted Shader in a while and you have an older version, you might be able to copy it over.

- Oshyan

DannyG

Thats how it was crashing with the entire project w/ associated files. But Ok, I disconnected the painted shader and no crash, this is odd because the amount of painting was very minimal compared to other projects I have done, but I can work around this. I appreciate the quick response. Thks ^^
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com