2.4.32.1 Build Problems

Started by Hitchck, June 06, 2012, 11:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitchck

Hello!
I have run into a slight issue with Terragen 2 after installing the new build. Whenever I start Terragen, I recieve all these errors (see attached picture)all dealing with unrecognized classes. Basically, I have no planet node in any of my projects, and Terragen claims all shaders don't exsist. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times, but nothing has helped. Any help would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Hitchck

rcallicotte

Maybe do a clean installation, including deleting the old directories, etc.  But, make sure you save anything you have stored in your application folders first.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Looks like you have a saved default project which is attempting to load on launch. Try either going into preferences and changing "load from file" to "use defaults" or make your self a new default scene (using your preferred camera/render/lighting/shader settings) and save it as default.tgd, then go into Edit>preferences>startup>load from file and navigate to where you saved your new default.tgd.

Hope this helps

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hitchck

Thanks, I tried both of your suggestions. Unfortunately, neither of them seemed to work. The load file was already set to use defaults, and uninstalling/deleting the entire program folder didn't help either. It is almost as though certain classes are just missing from my downloaded install, but I'm not sure how this would be possible seeing as other people aren't having the same problem. Is it possible to retrieve the old build from somewhere? I tried to follow the email link I had for it, but it just redirects to the new build.
Thanks,
Hitchck

Oshyan

Hi Hitchck, sorry for the late response. What you're seeing is very odd and we haven't had any other reports of it. Are you running in a limited user account perhaps? What operating system and, if you're using the 64 bit version, have you tried 32 bit?

- Oshyan

Hitchck

Hi Oshyan,

I am running Terragen on a Windows 7 64-bit machine from an Administrator account. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the 32 bit version, but I ran into the same problem again.

Thanks,
Hitchck

Oshyan

At the path C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\Plugins (or similar, on your system), do you have a "tgstd.tgp" file?

- Oshyan

Hitchck

Quote from: Oshyan on June 07, 2012, 05:33:54 PM
At the path C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\Plugins (or similar, on your system), do you have a "tgstd.tgp" file?

- Oshyan

I do have that file

Hitchck

Oshyan

I was able to reproduce those precise errors by renaming/removing that file. What size is the file you have? What happens if you run tgdcli.exe in the install directory above that?

- Oshyan

Hitchck

My tgstd.tgp file is 930 mb. When I try running tgdcli.exe, I get the same problem as with tgd.exe. I've attached the command line output from tgdcli in case that has any useful information.

Hitchck

Oshyan

Your tgstd.tgp file is 930 *megabytes*?! If you uninstall, are any of these files left behind? This is all really strange...

Have you re-downloaded the installer and run it again?

- Oshyan

Hitchck

My bad, I accidentally pressed m instead of k (never realized how close those actually are on the keyboard...). What I mean is my file is 930 kb. When I have tried uninstalling, all that is left in the folder is my license key. Each time I have tried reinstalling, I keep downloading from the link I recieved announcing the new build.

Hitchck

Oshyan

Well, at least the size makes more sense. Still, the rest does not. It's clearly having trouble finding the plugin files. Do you have any "path" statements configured for Terragen? Actually, wait a moment... looking at the commandline output in your screenshot above, it appears to be mixing 64 and 32 bit paths (/Program files (x86/). Uninstall *all* versions of TG2, make sure all files are gone, then check through the registry for any traces of Terragen or Planetside entries.

- Oshyan

Matt

I think you might find the answer here:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=5149.0

Please let us know whether that helps or not.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hitchck

Hi Matt and Oshyan,
Thanks so much! That solved the problem. I had forgotten I had set the path for testing remote rendering. After removing the path and restarting/re-installing, everything works. Again, thanks to everyone who offered their help!
Hitchck