my seizure disorder, my fellow terragineers

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, August 21, 2012, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

After a lot of research on me when I was 13 and 14, the conclusion was something was triggering an inner ear problem.  But, nothing was ever conclusive and nothing the doctors did mattered...I was always sick.

I hope the meds are making it better, zaai, and not just a little more tolerable.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Quote from: Oshyan on August 22, 2012, 05:11:15 PM
Sorry to hear that your condition has returned, but I'm very hopeful your change of meds will help. I must say it warms my heart that you felt like sharing with us here about it. The community here is great. :)

- Oshyan

+1 here, Oshyan!

Lane, your story reminds me how everyone got their cross to bear, in one shape or another. It's an important reminder, thank you.

I wish you good luck and that you magically outgrow your condition at some point.

Frank

Zairyn Arsyn

this has been a relatively good week as far as seizures and sleep go.
many times i have learned from my own mistakes how important sleep can be.

didn't have time to mention it last night, but i myself had the surgery procedure done too,
it was a long time ago - i was still in high school when the testing started at Shands Hospital in Gainesville FL
the surgery was in the winter of 2002. i missed about 3 weeks of school for that.

everything seemed ok for a couple months, at that time i was a senior and then a HS graduate, i would hang out with friends usually on weekends and we would stay up into the wee hours of the night (up to 4am or so sometimes...), either having movie marathons or walking/roaming around a friends neighborhood making visits to a local graveyard or walking around on a dry lake bed.

sometime later during the summer i had a seizure...

i think the reason i had it was definitely sleep related, i remember my neurologists telling me something about that way back when.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/