Previews of some up coming FX films

Started by TheBadger, December 10, 2012, 01:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

There's a bit of Terragen in the Oblivion trailer. :)

- Oshyan

TheBadger

I thought so!!! But then I thought if it was so, someone else would have known and said so. Ha HA. I never know when to trust my gut and when not to.
One I was sure of. A few more I thought probably, and The first shot of the stadium, was not to sure of that one, but I thought maybe.

Will you be talking about the film in a terragen context on the homepage or forum, Oshyan?
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

There are a lot of shots that look like they *could* be TG, but only a few actual shots unfortunately. Much of it is apparently composed of location shots. Still, it's a great project to have Terragen involved in. We've posted about it on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.

- Oshyan

Zairyn Arsyn

nice to see some new original films on the way & not remakes ;)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Bjur

Oblivion trailer at 1:25. It´s the same waterfall (Iceland?) like in Prometheus, filmed from a slight different angle i see, heh..!  ;D

Elysium will be interesting too. But there arent teasers/trailers out yet even Elysium is coming out soon around spring 2013.
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

TheBadger

Elysium...
I heard someone on one of the entertainment "news" shows on TV talk about this. But I can't remember anything that was said. Probably just a mention about an actor or director or something.

Elysium is a great word though. Hope whatever the movie is does it justice.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Oshyan,

I dont Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Could I have a link that does not require me to sign up for anything?
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Twitter doesn't require you to sign up for anything. Neither does the link to the trailer above.

- Oshyan

Bjur

Also interesting:

After Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgCXcMmu4I
Will Smith doesnt choose roles just for fast dollars normally, so i expect a well produced Cast Away in space, with aliens, featuring his son as something like as real person now.. :D

Iron Man 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8H7kszXqo

After producing trillions of eye catching, but storywise bullshit movies, in a "just the cool VFX will do it" manner, Hollywood and Hollywood addicted, started to bring back more depth and personal drama it seems - finally. For example, the last Batman stuff was ok´ish, but just a shy beginning and totally overrated i say.
All the best to Iron Man 3 from my side! ^

Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KVu3gS7iJu4

I dont like Superman and everything around in all!
But since i know the director is Zack Snyder, i´m very curious. He was responsible for lots of entertaining VFX movies. For me, his masterpiece was Watchmen, as maybe the best and deepest Hollywood super hero movies/Comic adaptions i´ve seen till yet..  :)

In the trailer, the snow mountain scene at 1:26 looks TG like too.. *But the only terrain generating Software i tried to handle till yet is just TG btw..  ;D   
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

otakar

Quote from: Oshyan on December 12, 2012, 05:01:12 AM
Twitter doesn't require you to sign up for anything. Neither does the link to the trailer above.

- Oshyan

Oshyan, I think what the OP suggested was posting this news on this forum or PS website. The only way we know is because of your reply. That said, I guess it's time to follow PS on Twitter...

TheBadger

^^Yes. Thats what I wanted. 

Bjur,

Thanks for the link for the "After Earth" preview. Did not hear of it before your post. It looks like a good popcorn movie! M. Night S. is directing I guess. He's a hit or miss film maker. "The Happening", for example, was just stupid. But I liked some of his movies a great deal.
From the preview it looks like going to be another preachy environmental movie. But It also looks like it will be fun.

Looking forward to Iron man too.

But Man of steal is something I have been waiting for. I love superman, but I hated the previous films. THis one looks like the real deal. And I agree with what you said about Watchmen and Snyder. He will do it right.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

We don't really want to clutter up the forums with lots of little mentions of various TG use. Some people mention their own projects here, which is great. But social media seems like the better place for quick, short announcements of things like this. We post to 3 different social media sites for most of the little news items, so you can have your pick, and as I said Twitter among them does not require an account, likewise our Google+ posts should be public (links to all our social media pages are on the front page of the site). You can also follow Twitter with RSS, if preferred.

- Oshyan