Errors with negative scalars?? (From a colourful error)

Started by bigben, May 12, 2007, 10:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I've setup what I thought was a functional gradient but the RGB values only seem to increase, even though the calculation should be producing negative increments. It was driving me nuts trying to work out why the start of the gradient looked OK but then it all gets pear-shaped, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that I've done something wrong.

The attached TGD has the colour values halved from the original to try and see what was happening at the top end of the gradient. It should have a gradient similar to the one in http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1493.msg14928#msg14928

bigben

I've got a workaround at the moment although it means having to choose inputs based upon whether the colour is increasing or decreasing in value.  Rather than adding negative values, I work backwards from the next control point so that I'm only adding colours. Fingers crossed as I apply it to the other channels.

mogn

Dont give up, I am on the way with a solution.
I only would wich that we could use the full possibilities of the internal networks.

bigben

It will indeed be welcome. At least I'm getting some use out of dual monitors and finally have a use for the magnify feature in Intellipoint.  ;)

Having said that, learning things the hard way first can help you design more efficiently when you get better features.