Odd Mouse related bug and a possible parameter related bug.

Started by red_planet, May 14, 2007, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_planet

I have a TGD that I have experienced some problems with.

I shall outline the oddest one first. I load the TGD into Windows TGTP (.76). If I leave the mouse alone the application loads objects and generates terrains as expected. If I move the mouse during the generation phase one of 2 things happens, either generation is accelerated (apparently) or the application goes into a loop continually generating the landscape. I have to exit the app to break out of the loop as the abort button seems to accept no response..or the application isn't responding to the input.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this ?

The second problem is with the same TGD.

I am generating panoramas by taking 8 pictures at 45 degree intervals with a 60 deg FOV, these are then processed in autostitch to provide the 360 degree panorama. Works really well, but .... if I set the Sun elevation at 0 degrees with the sun heading at 300 degrees, rendering crashes out approx 65% of the way through. This happens on both Mac and PC. If I set the sun elevation at 0.5 degrees the pictures render perfectly.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this ?

I have put all related files, including some Mac crash logs into my .mac  public folder http//:idisk.mac.com/chrisksi-Public if anyone wants to see if they can figure out what's going wrong. (The files are in the folder peskytg2files). You can either dl the files individually or there is a zip file with all the relevant files.

Rgds

Chris

Oshyan

If you have "auto generate" turned on in a heightfield generate node it will create an infinite generation loop upon loading the .tgd. This is a known issue. I'm not familiar with the other sun problem but I will take a look at the files.

- Oshyan

red_planet

Thanks...Oshyan,

will try the file with auto generate deselected.

Good luck with the other one...may be a pebkac....who knows ?

Rgds

Chris

bigben

mask3.tif was missing. Trying a random tif in its place for now (and dropped AA dwon to 2... 8 is a bit high for a test  ;) )

Oshyan

Crashed about half way through for me. It seems to crash even sooner with detail 0.75, even with GI turned off and at 640x480. Adjusted sun to 0.1 altitude and it still crashes. Interesting indeed. I'll have development take a look at it.

- Oshyan

red_planet

Thanks...

mask3.tif uploaded for completeness...It's used as a mask for the vegetation around the "oasis" and buildings.

Rgds

Chris