Free Tree Maker

Started by bobbystahr, January 09, 2013, 02:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Good day all....well I finally found an app I think no one has posted about. Just started experimenting and this one seems adrquate at least for distance trees...we'll see as I go along. Have fun....if it ain't fun you're doing it wrong.. ...
http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=home
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

just had a quick play - not bad at all.

inkydigit

looks nice Bobby, cheers, great find!
:)

otakar

Hell of a find, mighty impressive for a free app. First attempt below.

otakar

Modeled up another one. Does anyone have an idea how the color variations can be saved into the model? There seems to be zero documentation for this thing. Still great to play with...

Dune

At first glance I thought it wasn't very much (the software), but your effort proves the opposite. Looks very nice. Worth a try.

otakar

One more. I pretty much maxed out the quality and complexity settings and the resulting OBJ file came in at 90MB. So if you can live with that and if you are not going to have to get the object too close to the camera these trees will do just fine. Real easy to generate. You can create some very irregular trees or bushes (yes!). You have to set the alpha in TG (check 'use alpha channel') as the MTL file is very sparse.

Kadri

Interesting i can only open the link with a proxy like www. ztunnel. com  >:(

Edit: Sorry! Thanks for the link :)

AndyWelder

Thank you, Bobby. Will sure give this one a try.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

otakar

A further group of 3 trees I modeled after following the discussion on tree generators. This thing is hard to beat for generic but still nice looking mid-to-background trees. Takes very little effort to crank them out.

bobbystahr

thanks for the reminder...I'd completely spaced this little app out....sigh...gettin old sux.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist