my terragen.key doesn't seem to work

Started by RabidCow, January 15, 2013, 08:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidCow

Hi.  I purchased Terragen classic years ago and just decided to give it a try again.  I found my old key but the program still comes up and says unregistered so I can't make larger renders like I used to do.  Were earlier keys discontinued?  I've included my .key file  (oops, I see I can't upload a .key file).  I normally use Vue 9.5 but I am experimenting with creation of heightmaps in terragen, which I always liked more than Vue.

Thanks, Jeff

PS;  I think my email may have been jbarkley@telus.net when I registered it.

Oshyan

Hello Jeff. The key files for Terragen Classic should still work. Are you running on Windows or Mac? Are you sure you've put the key file in the right place? I can send you a new copy of the key file if necessary, to see if that helps, I located your purchase record. But do verify that the key is in the right place (in the install directory) first.

- Oshyan

RabidCow

Hi Oshyan.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I have tried the .key file in two different versions of classic.  I no longer have the original that I downloaded when I purchased it.  Is it necessary to use the same version number of terragen classic for the key to work?  I placed the .key in the install folder both times but it still shows as unregistered, with features locked.

Thanks, Jeff

RabidCow

Sorry, forgot to answer your question :). I'm trying to run it in Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Jeff

Oshyan

The key should work with any version of Terragen Classic. I'll send you a new one just in case (to your forum email here, unless you want it sent to the old email you specified originally above). In Windows 7, you may have to be an Administrator to copy files into the Program Files (x86) install directory...

- Oshyan

RabidCow

Thanks for all your help!  The new .key works fine.
Jeff

Oshyan