Bryce 6.01

Started by rcallicotte, December 31, 2006, 02:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Dare I ask what sort of support might be available to import from Bryce 6.01 and/or DAZ Studio (latest version)?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

amagine

Hey this is a fantastic question!

Interoperability is increasingly becoming important in the design industry.

I would at least hope that there is at least some sort of plugin architecture which would allow the production of second party file import.

I know alot of people scoff at Bryce, but it is certainly a fantastic creative landscape for 3D imaginations.

cheers!

calyxa

I don't have B6, but B5 and earlier have wonderful terrain editing tools.  I know that Bryce terrains can be exported to a variety of formats, but I don't know if that includes .ter or not - I suspect not, however.

MojoWorld *does* export terrains as .ter and it also imports .pgm, which is one of the formats that Bryce exports.

so, it's not too unreasonable to export from Bryce as .pgm, import into MojoWorld and then export from MojoWorld as .ter...  not to mention that MojoWorld can make some pretty cool terrains on its own and can directly export to .ter - I've been playing with a bunch of different .ter files I've made w/ MojoWorld in T2 with great results.

if anyone is interested in getting the 'calyxa special' deal on MojoWorld, please contact me privately.

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I've tried Mojoworld and a number of programs and liked Mojoworld without a doubt.  It would be nice to be able to go straight from anything DAZ right into Terragen.  I know there is a tutorial on Daz3d.com about going from Bryce into Terragen, but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work with TG2.

manleystanley

Oh, please. No Daz  ::)
"So you think you can tell, heaven from hell, blue skys from pain.
can you tell a green field, from a cold steel rail? a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell?" P.F.

Oshyan

Anything that can get a terrain into Terragen 0.9 ought to work with TG2 as it supports the same terrain types (and more, with the broader image format support).

A plugin SDK will be provided at a later time and it will allow fairly flexible access to extending TG2's capabilities. We do hope to see a lot of innovative plugin development.

I agree that the Bryce terrain editor is quite nice and it would be good to have a path from Bryce to TG2. Most likely direct Bryce terrain support would have to be provided by a plugin. But Bryce PGM or other export might be fairly easily converted into a format TG2 can load.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Thanks, Oshyan.  I'm hoping. 

DAZ is awesome.  Free DAZ|Studio and I paid $6 for Bryce.  Sheesh.   ::)

Cyber-Angel

Well Bryce 5.0 (The one I have) supports USGS DEM export which is probably the way to go for terrain export and then use 3DEM to covert to .ter format.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

rcallicotte

manleystanley

I'll not say much about Daz here, I save that for the Daz forum. Needless to say I don't have a good opinion of Daz, so lets just say for every silver lining the is a dark cloud. And leave it at that  ;)
"So you think you can tell, heaven from hell, blue skys from pain.
can you tell a green field, from a cold steel rail? a smile from a veil?
do you think you can tell?" P.F.

doneydonydone

???

@manley stanley -- why have you even posted hte 2 comments -- the guy was asking for help not criticism of his software -- you obviously use Poser -- (i can tell from your shocking avatar) Poser isnt that good neither mate!

Jane

Oh, Great tutorial!  Thank you for the link.
I am not up to the ability to do any of this yet, though I do have Bryce 6 on my newest Mac, and am slowly learning it.
Terragen is my favourite though.
Bryce is a lot of fun, but I only make the seascapes, landscapes, space, and the trees. 
How exciting to be able to import a lovely scene into TG!   I see I have a LOT of learning to do.
Jane

rcallicotte

I understand about DAZ, I guess.  And e-Frontier, etc.  We do what we can.  If there was another software capable of creating some of the things I can in D|S or Poser, I'd be interested.  Seriously interested.  Anyway, it's cool to know I have a valid use for Bryce now that extends Poser characters.  I'm working on a scene right now based upon the tutorial above.  It worked without a hitch and left me with a cool terrain that I inverted.  Anyway, I'll post it here when I'm finished.