Stability issue

Started by TheBadger, April 09, 2013, 03:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

I wanted to report a issue with stability.

when "undoing" (command Z) a series of actions (say something like 8-10 or more) And then clicking on a node terragen may crash. This instability is not consistent, meaning it does not always occur, but does happen enough to me that I wanted to report.

My sense is that it happens because I give too many commands to fast. And that while TG is still calculating on a previous action, I am adding too many new instructions to the list.
But that is just speculation on my part, albeit, an accurate description of what I am seeing.

In the case of this last crash I was undoing a series of commands. I deleted a strata node,  created a new one, moved my displacement viewer around a number of times, and then "command z" back to the first strata node I deleted. When I clicked on the returned strata node TG crashed.

Similar crashes happen to me often enough, nearly always in the way I just described, or else when dealing with memory intensive object imports. In the case where memory is a likely factor, a crash will occur with much fewer actions than described above.

Thank you.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Hi Badger, I'll keep an eye out for this. But it would be especially helpful if you could come up with a more specific series of actions that cause a problem. Give it a think and see if you can retrace your steps next time it occurs.

Thanks,

Oshyan