Shadows of atmosphere problem

Started by Bjur, May 06, 2013, 07:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjur

Hello Support  :)

Atm. i´m working with scenes excluding clouds or even a cloud shader.
When i let the "shadow of atmosphere" button checked, i generally get a giant shadow in the middle or somewhere in my image.
I am workin till yet with a main but hidden sun and a visible 2nd sun near or at the the same coordinates.
Could this produce my problem?
If yes (i think so) is there a proper way out there to manage this problem of one sun is shadowing the other one?

Does the "Shadows of atmosphere" function have a impact to my scene in all, even without clouds?
If yes, it woud be terrible to have the function unchecked.
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Matt

What are you using for the visible sun? Some types of objects allow you to turn off their shadows.

Planet atmospheres cast shadows. The sunset effect whereby sunlight turns yellow or red at sunset is considered to be a shadow of the atmosphere. Also, there is a spherical region in the centre of the Terragen atmosphere (normally below the surface of the planet) that casts a solid shadow so that atmospheres look correct on the dark side of a planet, without the need to cast shadows from the hard surface of the planet.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Bjur

I will reproduce the problem or the "maybe bug" and come by again with images which are showing what i mean. This thing makes me rly edgy..

Bjur

Problem is solved Matt.
But i don't know why or how!

During the time i had the problem, i was able to reproduce the problem just by check/uncheck the "Shadows of atmosphere" option.
My suns are still at the same positions, but now checking SOA for reproducing the problem (for you) in my since then untouched scene, all works like intended - the strange super shadow in the middle isn't anymore.

Strange.

I want to say sry if i was stealing a bit of your time for no reason now Matt.
Maybe my TG had just a bad hair day/week back then..

Greetings, Alex

Matt

No problem, Alex. Maybe there is still a bug, so let me know if it happens again.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.