My first Eff-Lux - Update 2013

Started by Volker Harun, October 19, 2007, 11:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

@Cyphyr: In fact this was rendered at 0.8 - which is very very very very high for me ,-) took about 18 hours to render.
The first image took 40 minutes at 0.7 quality - a 1-version with soft shadows enabled is rendering meanwhile.

@Efflux ... I can't live without those settings ;-)

efflux

Another point here, Volker. It would be quite cool to use the redirect shader on those spires. Twist them about a bit and avoid needing so much displacement later. You could use the strata and outcrops as well but that's tricky without some other tweaking. A bit jagged. I got good results with that though by altering the terrain patch smoothing.

child@play

hey geniuses  ;D

messed around with this function-thing a bit and combined it with redirect shader. result and quality aren't as good yet, but i think i begin to understand how it works. thanks for your work guys!!!
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

efflux

Nice work. I was wondering what would happen if you tried that.

DannyG

WoW this is freaking killer
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Volker Harun

You know that you are almost 6 years late?!?  :D

Volker Harun

Hence I got a few PMs the lasts months and due to that revival of this thread, I am forced to update.

Beware, I have not been rendering for years, even longer I spared sky and fake stones in my pictures.
Maybe I get the hang to it again and will be able to catch up with you guys :)

Have fun!

j meyer

Hi there,
long time no read.
Good to see you're still alive. ;)
Cheers,J.

TheBadger

Love the ground!
The big rocks in the mid area are very interesting and attractive too. Their shapes and areas of smoothness that meet sharp corners is especially nice. But some cracks, additional, texture and perhaps some color variation (like the little stones) would make this a photo.
Its pretty great.

Good thread too.

@Volker
Never spoke with you before, but have read lots of your posts. Hope you will stick around and continue to share your ideas!
It has been eaten.

Dune

Good one, Volker. Do stick around, we need more good work to raise the level (even more).

DannyG

Quote from: Volker Harun on May 23, 2013, 09:56:15 AM
You know that you are almost 6 years late?!?  :D

Better late than never  ;) 6 years ago I wasn't even thinking about v2, I was holding on to v.9 for dear life. To me this is a jaw dropper, glad I seen it
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Volker Harun

Hey Badger ... about the spires you mention, I might have ideas that may lead to a direction you have not thought of, but I am working on. Attached is a WIP of the first and second level of displacement for those rocks. Colours are ment to please me and may/will change in the final render.

Ulco: 2 years ago I did a silent restart for myself doing some too fancy stuff to be satisfied, but seeing that renders of those days were beyond my capabilities of my days.
I guess that I will/must stay with my no water/sky/vegetables renders for some time :D

Danny: I still like those Eff-Luxes, too :)

TheBadger

wow man. it looks like a flower, but clearly its stone or concrete. Did not see that coming.
Its great. Cool lighting too.
It has been eaten.

DannyG

Looks like a Jester hat, great lighting to boot
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

efflux

Testing-1-09 is awesome! A truly spectacular render. One of my favourites.

I like the next one was well.