Copyright/Ownership/Permissions of Images Generated with Free Edition

Started by light487, May 31, 2013, 02:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

light487

Hi,

I understand that I am only allowed to use the software to create images for non-commercial purposes with the free edition but what I am asking about is the ownership/copyright of the produced image? Who owns that picture once it has been rendered and then saved as a file on my computer? I can't sell the picture.. but do I have full permission to alter, distribute and use it as long as it is for non-commercial purposes? I've read the EULA till I was blue in the face but I can't find the answer to this?

Oshyan

You are correct, you "have full permission to alter, distribute, and use it as long as it's for non-commercial purposes". You own the copyright on the image as you have created it, you are simply prohibited from using that image for commercial purposes, so you cannot sell it, or make it a part of another saleable product or work. But you can put it in an image gallery online, show it to friends, even have it printed for your wall or a t-shirt (as long as you don't sell the prints or the shirt), no problems there.

- Oshyan