Sphere question

Started by choronr, July 10, 2013, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I've misplaced my TG notes (my memory is eroding) on this: 'How do you get an input on a Sphere node?'

Thanks.

RArcher

Right click on the sphere node and select "Internal Network"

choronr

Thanks Ryan, I'll try that.

choronr

Ryan, guess that is not what I was looking for. See below for what I was looking for; an input connection.

RArcher

I'm not sure Bob.  My sphere object does not have that input.  What are you trying to do that would require that?  Texturing and displacement can be done in the internals of the sphere node.

choronr

Quote from: RArcher on July 10, 2013, 03:07:06 PM
I'm not sure Bob.  My sphere object does not have that input.  What are you trying to do that would require that?  Texturing and displacement can be done in the internals of the sphere node.
I had received a file some time ago where the sphere contained had that input. I realize that a default shader is in the internals; but, thought I'd play around with the sphere with the external input. See the attached .tgd.

Dune

As soon as you make a connection (from inside) to an outside node, and detach it again, there will be an input.

choronr

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2013, 04:12:49 PM
As soon as you make a connection (from inside) to an outside node, and detach it again, there will be an input.
Thanks Ulco, I'll try that. Sometime ago, I recall something like this where I was trying to get an input to a populator (or vice verse).