Simple dirt path

Started by FrankB, June 24, 2013, 08:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Ulco, Bobby,

Off to take me wife to the eye doctor this morning. Later, will report some interesting results.

Bob

Dune

@ Bobby: yes that might be the culprit. Different shaders that may not show up in 'old' versions.

choronr

@ Ulco: When I open your file, the population becomes a single instance - the results because I'm using TG2; and, you are using TG3. I think I may have a way around this. I'm out the door again, some chores I need to tend to.

@ Bobby: I tried your setup and it worked; but, had to make some adjustments. Will explain later since I'll be gone for a few hours - chores to do after a bad storm.

bobbystahr

Quote from: choronr on July 23, 2013, 03:14:19 PM
@ Ulco: When I open your file, the population becomes a single instance - the results because I'm using TG2; and, you are using TG3. I think I may have a way around this. I'm out the door again, some chores I need to tend to.

@ Bobby: I tried your setup and it worked; but, had to make some adjustments. Will explain later since I'll be gone for a few hours - chores to do after a bad storm.
Also Bob you'll notice in the Distribution shaders Tweaks tab I set the Fuzzy zone softness to 0...this keeps the pop with in the limits of the inverted  Paint shader mask.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

One thing I learned here is that opening a TG3 file in TG2 presents some issues - the one here is that a population set-up in TG3 comes out as a 'single object' in TG2.

Thank you both Ulco and Bobby Starr for your time and input here. I've been able to achieve getting the populations of grass to appear everywhere except on the path. For my project, I'll make some clip files from both of your files and employ them in my project.

Thank you guys for your help here - another fun learning experience. Planetside rocks!

Bob

bobbystahr

Our pleasure Bob...just playin' around with TG3 Free this afternoon...going back to skool it seems....LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 24, 2013, 05:56:34 PM
Our pleasure Bob...just playin' around with TG3 Free this afternoon...going back to skool it seems....LOL
If we never stop learning Bobby; then, its a good thing!