Wonderful Art and Good Community

Started by rcallicotte, July 23, 2013, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

It's been a long time since I just sat and looked through the Image Section here.  What a treat, especially with the TG3 Alpha images presented.  This community has some of the best artists and has some of the most thoughtful observers.  Great community and I'm glad I have never quit coming here.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

pokoy

I second that! I'm not really contributing much here but I really like this place and the art posted here!

Dune

It is really a great forum, but we want more renders!! More discussion, more experimentation!

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

So how about it, Michael?.... post a render, you've been away for too long, visually I mean  ;)

TheBadger

;D Its coming! I will be like Jo Kariboo. I will show up one day, drop off like 10-15 images. And then just disappear.
I will even leave a link to a music file of "mysterious sounding music" at the end of the post.
It has been eaten.

jaf

Yes, my favorite software and forum, though I may give the impression I just complain, but I do that because I really care.  And I don't want to leave the impression I'm correct when I complain or question why something is done the way it was.  It's hard to get a true picture of what a person is thinking through forums, especially considering it's a world wide forum/user base and a wide range of skill levels.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Dune

If you get to know people a little, you can distinguish 'rude' behavior from well meant, but 'harsh' criticism or complaints. It's hardly ever meant badly. And there have been posters, who got pissed off real quick after their bad behavior, and never showed up again  8)

rcallicotte

In time, after I get into TG3, I'll be here for more fun, no doubt.  :)

Quote from: Dune on July 23, 2013, 12:02:32 PM
It is really a great forum, but we want more renders!! More discussion, more experimentation!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

TheBadger

And another thing!  ;) ;D

I just need to say that I really would be desperate in some ways if not for this community.
Because since I finished school I have NO ONE to talk with about technical matters and art related technology. The people in my personal life just are very different from me in terms of personal interests.

I belong to one other forum community, and I lurk in several more. But I never see the kind of immediate feed back that I usually get here, and that I see others get here too.
Even on topics not on soft made by planetside! I would probably be lost if I did not have the resources of the people here. They guid me to info I need when I need it. OR they just flat out provide an answer. Its completely priceless.

I pay what I regard as a significant fee to be a member of another site. And while the primary service there is great, the forum part (the part Im taking about of these forums) is terrible. I was actually very shocked by it, because this community is my point of reference.

;D ;D Ok , Im just happy right now because I made a big step forward in Maya. And I never would have developed an interest in Maya, or 3D at all, if not for TG2 and you guys. Then I felt this strange and uncontrollable desire to say thanks.

:)

It has been eaten.

inkydigit

I can only agree, this place is the best!
Cheers
Jason