Forum RSS feed

Started by reck, July 30, 2013, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Has there been any change to the forum settings recently? The RSS feed is updating a lot slower than it used to. People are making posts which aren't showing up until hours later in the feed, even after I manually refresh it. Previously the RSS feed was always kept up-to-date.

I'm using Feedly.

Oshyan

There have been no changes we are aware of. Is it possible Feedly has changed the frequency of its updates? If you see a post here that hasn't shown up in RSS in Feedly yet, you could check the raw RSS output here and see if it has the post, in which case it would likely be a problem on Feedly's end.

- Oshyan

reck

Quote from: Oshyan on July 30, 2013, 05:47:51 PM
If you see a post here that hasn't shown up in RSS in Feedly yet, you could check the raw RSS output here and see if it has the post, in which case it would likely be a problem on Feedly's end.

- Oshyan

Good idea. I've just added this forum RSS as "Live Feed" using Firefox and it appears to be up to date. When I compare that output to the ouput of Feedly it looks like the Feedly output is an hour or two older than the Live Feed output. So it does indeed look like a Feedly issue.

I never had any problems with Google Reader.

Thanks Oshyan.

Oshyan

Yeah, I miss Google Reader. :(

- Oshyan