Terragen 3 examples (If you got some please feel free to post your example here)

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocateho

my first couple renders using the free tg3 beta. i like it! i was playing around with DOF in the second, methinks i may have made it too close. is there a way to "get distance" to an object?

Antoine

You can open a new preview window and set the view from the top of your camera and use the measuring mode tools that you find on the top toolbar of the preview window. With this tool you can mesure exactly the distance from the camera to the object you want to focus on.

Oshyan

Nice images Cocateho! I especially like the one with autumn trees.

If you go to the View menu and open the 3D Preview Location, you get a pop-up window that shows the "distance from camera". Note however that it only measures distances to terrain, so if you want to measure to an object, you can perhaps measure to terrain nearby, or use the top-down method Antoine described.

- Oshyan

raulc4d

AMDFX8350 - Terragen 2.5 - Cinema4D 13

Oshyan

You can all feel free to keep posting here if you want, but you don't *have* to post your TG3 images here at this point. It's in widespread pre-release, so feel free to post in Image Posting. :)

- Oshyan

raulc4d

AMDFX8350 - Terragen 2.5 - Cinema4D 13

Oshyan

Nothing to be sorry about, you can keep posting here if you want. Just saying, you don't have to. :)

- Oshyan

Cocateho

Thanks Antoine and Oshyan, i'll give that a try... sure will beat guesstimating!

jo

Hi,

Quote from: Cocateho on July 30, 2013, 12:14:50 PM
my first couple renders using the free tg3 beta. i like it! i was playing around with DOF in the second, methinks i may have made it too close. is there a way to "get distance" to an object?

One way is to open the 3D Preview Location window from the View menu. One of the items in the window is "dist. from cam". This shows the distance from the camera to the point under the mouse in the preview. Note that this only works with terrain and and the sky, not objects, so it's useful for setting up DOF if you can mouse over the terrain near the place you want to focus.

Regards,

Jo

Antoine

Here an another one. I wanted to insert a dead tree (adult poplar from Silva3D) lying on the path, but impossible to be seen in the render, in fact, logically it should be found at the bottom of the objects list, instead it shows up at the top of the list (before background and planet). Impossible to move it down. Is this because it cannot be seen in the render ? Is there a way to fix it ?
Thank you for your help.

David.

jo

Hi David,

Quote from: Antoine on July 31, 2013, 03:10:19 AM
Here an another one. I wanted to insert a dead tree (adult poplar from Silva3D) lying on the path, but impossible to be seen in the render, in fact, logically it should be found at the bottom of the objects list, instead it shows up at the top of the list (before background and planet). Impossible to move it down. Is this because it cannot be seen in the render ? Is there a way to fix it ?

The list order for objects in TG3 is alphabetical. I presume the name is before "Background" (Adult Poplar maybe)? The order doesn't matter in the objects list, it never has. In TG2 objects were kind of shown in the order they were added to the project.

There must be some other reason the object isn't showing up. Can you see it in the preview?

Regards,

Jo

Antoine

Thanks Jo !
Well I don't understand, last night the individual lying dead tree didn't show up in the render (while I could see it in the preview as a box, according to my setting). So I  used a very small area using population mode instead so that a dead tree appears in the forest in the middle of the image as you can see.
Now I have re-tried again this morning and the problem has disappeared. Perhaps the fact that I saved the file and re-open it fixed the problem, I don't know.

David.

Antoine

Here the final image. I have changed some bushes size and added a dead tree along the path.

Walli

probybly you did use the sppokey version of the tree, only appears when rendered in full moon nights ;-) Very nice scene, I like the clarity and crispness

TheBadger

It has been eaten.