Child Robot is possibly the most disturbing machine ever built

Started by Sethren, June 06, 2007, 01:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethren

RealUser

Uh, weird. Somehow it looks artificial and somehow like a boy is "wrapped" with this suit. I would bet, in 10 years or so we will see a convincing model. Look how fast Honda did the ASIMO robot.
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

I notice this robot is still tethered some thing that ASIMOV is not further more ASIMOV can walk and run unaided and climb up and down stairs without assistance it looks like the robot here can do none of those things, but I do find the pliability of the "Skin" interesting though.

Every thing on this robot seems to be out of proportion, but its a start, I would think that some day humanoid looking AL's (Artificial Lifeforms) will be a relatively common occurrence, which will be expensive at first (Like all new technology at first) but will gradually come down in price.

As a caveat on their adoptence and acceptability within the mainstream of society these AL's will have to conform to Asimov's three laws of robotics:

1. A robot may not injury a human being or, though inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would come into conflict with the First law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection dose not conflict with the First or Second law.

Further to this then as a responsible society in which Al's exist laws must be written as to the responsibilities of care and the uses that are and are not acceptable in the treatment of an AL this may not seem important for the first generation of Al's but for those AL's that may come latter that by all definitions are self aware, it is for that generation of Al's we must consider now even though the technology to build such a thing dose not currently exist is may well do at some point in the future.

There must also exist in these laws exist means of dealing with runaway Al's that are putting people at risk of injury or even death and then determine what went wrong (Think of Air-crash investigation where regulations and codes of practise are changed in Laue of an investigation, but instead of air planes you have some thing similar for Artificial Lifeforms).

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?