Hieghtfield Load Error

Started by DannyG, August 17, 2013, 02:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Working on a project with a loaded ter, worked for few hours with it no issues, rebooted to do a final render and the Terrain isn't showing now, I replaced the Heightfield Shader, load & compute terrain nodes, still it is not showing, no error prompted. Tried to load different terrain as well as loading it in v2 same deal, file got corrupted some how ? Any clue ?
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

kaedorg

Oshyan

Danny, it's kind of impossible to say what might be going on without seeing the TGD or at least a screenshot of the node network. You can send a TGD to support AT planetside.co.uk if you want. It would be ideal to include the .TER as well, but it's OK if you can't for now.

- Oshyan

DannyG

gathered the project sending it to you now
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

In the project you sent, the "mud surface" layer isn't attached to anything, so the terrain isn't getting applied to the planet, though the objects that reference it for populations do get positioned properly because they reference the heightfield directly. Once I connected "Mud surface" to the input on "Surface layer 01" it worked fine. Your network setup is a bit odd, but it works with that small change. You may have intended to connect it elsewhere, but the important point is it's not currently connected. That may have happened by accident, it's easy enough to click the wrong thing in the network. If you're sure it happened between save and load somehow, then it's probably going to be hard to track down but we'll keep an eye on it. Certainly let us know if anything like it happens again.

- Oshyan

DannyG

Doh!
Thats right, I added that srf layer1 in the center of the network right before I rebooted thats the beak in the network, either way stupid mistake on my part, thanks Osyhan, I looked at that file a bunch of times before posting and I didn't see that. Sorry about that, Thank you for your time ^^
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

No problem. Glad it was an easy fix. :)

- Oshyan