Shader mask issue

Started by AP, December 01, 2013, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

I have an issue that I was fighting all day and for the life of me, I can not figure our as to why the shader input is only effecting the background mask and not the entire masked zone as seen here. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Kevin F

please upload the file, as what you've provided gives little or no useful information.

AP

Right, that part I forgot. Been a busy day.    ;)

yossam

You have a few unconnected nodes in your file......................could that be the problem?

Kevin F

I don't really understand your problem. What do you mean by the "background mask and not the entire masked zone"?
Where's or what is the mask? What are you trying to achieve say with the purple test colour area?

AP

The mask is the colored area in the image I posted. I wanted to displace the masked area using a power fractal but when i displace it, only the far background is effected and nothing takes place in the close foreground.

Oshyan

I'm not sure what you're unclear about. Your Power Fractal is a child of the Surface Layer 03 node, which means it is constrained to the area of its parent. That means it will only displace in the "test color" area as shown in your image. Your displacement scale is also quite small, despite a very large amplitude, which probably won't give you great results. What were you intending to achieve instead?

- Oshyan

AP

I was adjusting both large sale and small scale features and still came up with no difference in displacement. What is odd which I failed to mention is the color shows up on the power fractal but again displacement is zero. Unless something is going way over my head here.

Could I just send you the file because I do not want to make it public as it is for a personal project of mine.

Oshyan

Sure, send to support AT planetside.co.uk, and be sure to specify what you're expecting to happen or intending to accomplish. So far as I can see it's working very normally.

- Oshyan

AP

I emailed you guys twice and both failed. May I send it to you through PM?

Oshyan

PMs don't allow file attachments. Did you get a reason for the failure? How big is the attachment?

- Oshyan

AP

Gmail does not recognize the address for Planetside. The file is just the TGD. 40KBs only.

Oshyan

Er, are you sending it to support AT planetside.co.uk ? I usually "obfuscate" the written version of email addresses in the forums to avoid email harvesters...

- Oshyan

AP

That is what I did. I will try it one more time and get back to you.

Dune

now take the address out again, Oshyan!