'D'

Started by choronr, December 05, 2013, 08:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

The 'D' character title denotes the count of 500 in Roman Numerals; which, in this case is the title of my 500th image using Terragen over the past 10 years.

I used a DEM file of Boot Mesa Oljeto, Utah which is part of Monument Valley, Arizona for the terrain that I've used while working with Terragen Classic some years ago. I imported the .ter file into Terragen 3 for starters. Here is a link to that area: http://www.alltravels.com/united-states/utah/oljeto/photos/current-photo-44885403 .
Credits are as follows:

•   Terrain - I believe that buzzzzz1 shared this with me some time ago.
•   Soft Voronoi cracks combined with 10m cracks - mhaze and dandelO; thanks guys.
•   Fake Hero Rock by inverse smoothing combined with stones (null shader) - Dune and dandelO; thank you both.
•   Fake grass; PGS Evolution - by dandelO; thanks Martin.
•   All vegetation - by Walli; thanks Jan.

I enjoyed putting this one together. Render time was 2.11 hours.

Bob

yossam

I like.......................the only thing I might do is have some of the bushes in small groups.  :)

choronr

Thanks Rich, good idea; but, I'm done with this one.

Oshyan

500th, woo! Congrats, that's a big milestone.

I like the image, it's a cool terrain, deserves to have some more scenes built with it. I think the background terrain area could use some more sharpness and detail/displacement, but otherwise it's all pretty nice.

- Oshyan

EoinArmstrong

Congrats Bob!  Impressive scale featured in this one... I really have to get back to it...

Dune

Yeah, this is worth a cheer. Nice image. So you number all your renders?

mhaze

500!!!! wow Great image

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

buzzzzz1

Congrats on the 500 homers Bob!  Really nice image. Thanks for the credit on the terrain but I don't recognize it.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

choronr

Thanks to you all; Oshyan, Eoin, Ulco, Mick, Michael and Jay for your visits. I'm pleased you all enjoyed the image.

@ Ulco: No, I do not number all my images. I do post at RDR and they number them - otherwise, I wouldn't have any idea how many I've rendered. Of course there were many more that suffered the trash bin.

buzzzzz1

Quote from: choronr on December 06, 2013, 11:21:31 AM
Thanks to you all; Oshyan, Eoin, Ulco, Mick, Michael and Jay for your visits. I'm pleased you all enjoyed the image.

@ Ulco: No, I do not number all my images. I do post at RDR and they number them - otherwise, I wouldn't have any idea how many I've rendered. Of course there were many more that suffered the trash bin.

I wonder how many I would have had at RDR if someone hadn't kicked my butt out many moons ago? LOL
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

choronr

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on December 07, 2013, 05:55:01 PM
Quote from: choronr on December 06, 2013, 11:21:31 AM

I wonder how many I would have had at RDR if someone hadn't kicked my butt out many moons ago? LOL
Yes, the RDR works out good for a log/history of your stuff; and, I still wonder how I've survived all those years of the hugs and kisses ...LOL.

Dune

yossam

Dune