Clouds

Started by normhol, June 23, 2007, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normhol

1-I finally got back to my computer. Thanks for the answer to my last question regarding terrain sizing. I have uploaded a TGD of a render [newby amateurish] of a scene with cumulus clouds in front of cirrus. The cumulus are flat and I can't seem to get any character to them. I am sure you have a cure.
2-What is Gl on the render node and how does have an effect?
3-I am very frustrated at having to restart TG2 every couple of minutes when I am trying to experiment with nodes. The  tutorial doesn't go far enough explaining what goes with what, being it a function, shader etc. Perhaps one [or more] of you kind and knowledgable souls will write some easy tutorials for us newbies, explaining and showing how they relate to each other.

Will

firstly are your clouds 3d or 2d? secondly GI stands for global Illumination it does various thing to your render to make it more realistic. Its a bit much to explain so I would wikipedia it if you really need a detailed answer. I documentation isn't anywhere near complete at the moment so I would just ask questions for those.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.