Silo 1.4 (UPDATE - Serenity modeling)

Started by rcallicotte, June 28, 2007, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Any negatives I should consider with Silo?  It looks on the surface (no pun intended) as good as Modo, but for a lot less $$.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Moose

Silo's great - quick, clean and light.

You can try out the beta of Silo 2 (10a) - http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10722 - for free. It's got some great new enhancements over 1.4 and is very easy to learn. If you buy now, you get Silo 2 beta for $109. Once Silo is out of beta (I think they're aiming for Siggraph) the price rises to $159.

I think you just need to give some of these apps some serious time and see which ones you get on with best. In the end that's all that'll count. For me, I like Silo for poly modelling, but there's nothing wrong with modo, wings or the rest of them... just personal preference, someone else will say something different. :)

rcallicotte

Thanks, Moose.  I just tried the 1.4 version and think it's a pretty easy interface.  Modo is easier to use in some respects, and I'm pretty sure Modo has a pretty good renderer, though that might not be critical since I can find other ways to render.  On the website it says something about getting only the 1.xx version, so I sent an email to them to ask about getting 2.0.

JohnnyBoy

Hey calico, Here's a link to the 10a beta.
I believe it asks for a registration number when you install it, just click ok and it will install the demo.

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10722

Edit: Sorry, I dont think they want direct links to the download, but it's in the post. Later

rcallicotte

latego

Quote from: JohnnyBoy on June 28, 2007, 05:19:26 PM
I believe it asks for a registration number when you install it, just click ok and it will install the demo.

The current 2.0 beta is open to everybody and requires not registration code.

Silo is really a great app, simple, powerful and economical. Highly advised.

Bye!!!!

rcallicotte

Everyone, I made the decision to go with Silo a couple of weeks ago and am learning now.  Coooool.   8)

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions and recommendations.

rcallicotte