A Painted shader wish...

Started by choronr, January 14, 2014, 02:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

As I use the Painted shader I often wish that the gray screen in the preview window could be eliminated since it makes seeing the details difficult. Would it be possible in the future for the window to stay as is when using the Painted shader?

Dune

+ one. Or a grey you can set yourself.

mhaze

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Matt

OK. I'm removing the grey veil from the painted shader preview for the next release.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

choronr

Matt, that sounds terrific. Bad enough these old eyes aren't as good as they used to be ...just can't pick fly specs out of pepper like I used to.

bobbystahr

You're the salt of the earth Matt...my eyes thank you as a frequent paint shader.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Matt

As it turns out, we've decided to continue using some form of overlay so that it's easy to see white paint over a bright surface, but it will be a darker overlay which I hope will improve things for you. There will be more contrast than before.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

choronr

Quote from: Matt on January 18, 2014, 02:10:49 PM
As it turns out, we've decided to continue using some form of overlay so that it's easy to see white paint over a bright surface, but it will be a darker overlay which I hope will improve things for you. There will be more contrast than before.

Matt
But, the Painted shader allows for the change of color; so, would that not remedy the 'white on white' circumstance?

jo

Hi Bob,

Quote from: choronr on January 19, 2014, 01:45:40 PM
But, the Painted shader allows for the change of color; so, would that not remedy the 'white on white' circumstance?

No, because the colour is the colour of actual brush stroke. When you change the painted shader colour it's not just the colour in the preview that's changed. If you were painting a mask then you would get quite different results if you were to paint in purple instead of white.

In fact the problem isn't even "white on white". There are other situations where it can quite hard to properly distinguish the stroke without some sort of overlay. However what we are going for is something which allows you to see the "background" more clearly.

Regards,

Jo

choronr

Thank you Jo. Will be looking forward to the update.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New