Footprint

Started by Kadri, March 02, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Just for fun another one.

[attachimg=1]

Kadri

Here is the footprint animation test file for Terragen 3.1.
Older versions might have problems to use this file.

Don't take every setup in the TGD file too seriously.
I made some changes while working with the file so some settings aren't used or too complicated then they should be.

For a fast little scene like this i would prefer a full image sequence probably.
That would be quite much easier and very basic then this setup.

Upon Infinity

Damn, Kadri, you got this program figured out!  ;D

yossam

TheBadger

this is pretty cool too, Ulco!

I'm sure your right about doing the foot prints in post. I remain convinced that doing part of the impact in TG will make compositing more real looking though  :)

But I think there are some nice effects you did here that will help with the impact issue more. I need to try and mix and match some of the things you showed me.

Thanks again on this! Its funny though. Without really setting out to do it, you did some new stuff!
It has been eaten.

Dune

Kadri made this, Michael!

Kadri

Michael am really sure it can be done much better .
Even some parts that will look more like bigger and smaller pieces .

Just this part is where i try to understand what you mean really exactly:

"I'm sure your right about doing the foot prints in post. I remain convinced that doing part of the impact in TG will make compositing more real looking though"

When i said "image sequence" above that was about using more image maps for this scene (if you have looked in the file there are 3 now).
Instead of 3 distinct images i mean using 5 or 8 images like an animation and using them as a displacement again like here in TG3
But just much easier done without simple shapes masking going around animating etc.
Displacing some parts in the positive altitude too (there is mostly only negative displacement in the file) etc.
You could even use TG3 for some parts going from the ground and landing with some properly displaced objects right from TG3 rightly timed.

There is every where where i look an option for animating.
I think the animated part of Terragen 3 is highly unused and much much more capable then it looks at first.

It comes down of what you want to do , know and have in your mind in the end and how much faster or easier it can be done or not.

TheBadger

^ agree. But I have to catch up to you! You work fast!

QuoteKadri made this, Michael!
Ah I know. Sorry Kadri and Ulco! Just wrote the wrong name.
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Quote from: TheBadger on March 04, 2014, 02:21:15 AM
^ agree. But I have to catch up to you! You work fast!

QuoteKadri made this, Michael!
Ah I know. Sorry Kadri and Ulco! Just wrote the wrong name.

No problem you are going through the threads so fast wonder you make no more mistakes.

But i doubt i am fast.That would be Ulco probably. So the mistake makes kinda sense :D

Kadri

By the way if anyone wonders. Because i want to post here small GIF's
instead of linking to another site for video i try to make this kind of videos short as possible.
So the animation could be made much more fluid.

Edit: Is direct video linking here possible?

TheBadger

QuoteEdit: Is direct video linking here possible?
Yes, for both youtube and vimeo anyway. There is a youtube button right there ^^ See it under change color? But maybe that is not what you mean?
It has been eaten.