Brain King

Started by fleetwood, March 05, 2014, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Just for fun, here is a King Brain Coral that uses two displaceable spheres and a system to get power fractals to show bilateral symmetry.
The terrain uses a Heightfield erode so you need to click the erode now inside that node to get the Brain King sitting on his sand bar.

Two example renders one with negative displacement on the light color and one with positive.

For the bilateral symmetry to show up the texture of each sphere needs to be centered on its own sphere object.
Where ever you may move them to, you need to copy the spheres location coordinates and paste them into the texture's transform input shaders.

yossam

That is cool, thanks.  8)

TheBadger

That man's testicles look cancerous. He should take them with him to an emergency room. I have two little kids who are always kicking me in the nuts, so I know how important it is to take care of your balls. Im just saying that you only get the ones God gave you, so take care of em' fellas.

So ends today's public service announcement.
It has been eaten.

fleetwood

Badger - Your insight brings new meaning to the colloquial name for these corals - Neptune's Jewels.

Dune

Good stuff, fleetwood!

j meyer

Nice experimenting.
Keep it up. 8)

TheBadger

HA ha! really? I really didn't know.
But you know whats really funny is that I have been picking away at a model of a statue of poseidon on a throne for a cityscape. Weird coincidence.

Your doing some interesting work by the way. I'm just having some fun is all. :)
It has been eaten.

fleetwood

No, not really, just going along with the joke.   :D
But it seems there is a flower variety actually called Neptune's Jewels.

TheBadger

ahhhhhhh  :-[ now Im sad. 

:P
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

ooooh!
looks wobbly!
thanks!
:))

pclavett