Moss on rock

Started by mhaze, February 25, 2014, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Any improvements  - please pass them on to me!

choronr

Thank you Mic. Will be playing with this one.

pclavett

bobbystahr

curiously enough I just had / have an artistic situation that cries out for moss, so many thanks Mic
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Just realized moss was made in Plant Factory and I'm not allowed to share - model not very good anyway!

bobbystahr

I won't say anything if you won't....ooops, you just did....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Thelby

If it was a preset in Plant Factory then I agree you cannot share, but if you created without the assistance of any Preset Models what-so-ever, then you should be fine. Also, you are not profiting by selling the model, that also comes into play with most User Licenses. 

mhaze

I shall have to read the EULA again.  I want to produce a better model anyway. Moss is difficult to model with a low polygon count.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on April 10, 2014, 04:08:04 AM
I shall have to read the EULA again.  I want to produce a better model anyway. Moss is difficult to model with a low polygon count.
Here's an interesting pdf I bookmarked when I was doing my research on moss mate; plus a pic
http://www.fs.fed.us/pnw/pubs/gtr513/gtr513c.pdf
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Thasnks for that.  Interesting, they look nothing like the mosses near me.  Number two is closest

Erwin0265

Errr.......... so I assume the clickable link leads to nowhere now..................
And I spent at least 3 to 4 minutes clicking on the link before I read through the rest of the post.
Even here, Eon's stupid policies invade the artistic process (or at least the resource collecting process......... :D)......
OK, who farted?