Long lines

Started by reck, July 12, 2007, 06:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Hi, i'm having problem rendering a scene with grass in it. The grass population is an imported object, not the internal grass object. When I render the image i'm getting a few long lines coming out the grass like one blade of grass that's really long. The amount of "lines" I get changes each time I render but it's normally around 4-6 lines coming out the ground.

I've tried moving the camera, moving the grass populations (there are two), altering the object spacing and seed value but I can't seem to get rid of this problem. I'm not using any displacement on the grass so I know it's not related to that. I was working on this image for a number of hours with no problem and this problem just started, not sure what i've done. I've also restarted TG2 as well but it didn't help.

Here's an example with one of the lines.

rcallicotte

I bet you have a Displacement in your terrain somewhere that's misbehaving.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Matt

You may need to increase the "render quality" in the Populator node. It looks like it may be due to the level-of-detail reduction that is done by the Populator.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kevin F

I had the same problem a while back with this image. Look at the horizon on the right hand side.
For me it was a problem with this particular grass tgo (from Sunshine 777, I think). The pop quality was set to highest and the render quality made no difference - .3 to .8 showed the same problem.
Kevin.

reck

Kevin I believe it's the same object i'm using, I think it's called grass7.tgo so maybe it's a problem with this object. I checked the render quality setting as Matt suggested but I already had it set to maximum. However I altered the render quality down to low and the problem went away, I then set it back to max and the problem still isn't showing so for now the problems seems to have gone. So at this moment in time i'm not sure if it's a problem with the object of the render quality setting of the populator node. Either way it's working now so thanks for the help.

sonshine777

Very interesting I have used this grass tgo almost exclusively and had no problems at all. I have used it in populations as well as individually placed. Are you sure it is the grass7.tgo the blades of grass look too straight.

Kevin F

Yes it's grass7.tgo alright, just checked my old file. settings were scale 2, 1.75 and 2 for individual member and min 1.5, max 3 for a population 3000 x 3000 at a spacing of 6.
Kevin.