UT

Started by yossam, May 13, 2014, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

If it goes back to its roots in the original Unreal Tournament, it just might get me back into a game since the last one I played a year or so ago, hehe. I used to be a huge fan of the original UT (and pretty good at it). Cautiously optimistic...

- Oshyan

archonforest

Wow this is really cool stuff! I will follow them and see if I can help on this...Thx for the link ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Naaaah. Quake 3 rlz u noobs. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

QIII. is the best for sure but this project is still very cool :D

Oshyan

I never liked QIII, didn't like the way movement "felt", nor the weapons. *shrug*

- Oshyan

archonforest

I had the same problem with UT at the past ;D

N-drju

Oshyan, this is exactly what I liked. It was especially fun to get kills while flying between acceleration pads. I have some very artful achievements and tricks on my account when it comes to this. :D

It was also fun to just spectate, watching my bots competing in tournaments. I was bursting out loud with laughter when two of them collided with their backs, trying to run backwards but obviously trotting in the same place, regardless they could just turn around and pummel the other. Instead, seconds later some marauding rocket was coming their way blowing both up into tiny pieces at the same time. :D

I think that Q3 with acceleration pads, exaggerated sounds and all those deaths by drowning was made this way purposefully as a tongue-in-cheek version of FPSs' but I might be wrong of course. Cool game all the same to me!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

I still have QIII installed...hehehe....

Hey N-drju have u done a "Rocket-jump" in Q3? I know it is pretty suicide but if u have enough life u can get out of a bad situation for sure... :D :D

N-drju

I've done it several times but only in "Demon Keep" level (that was the name I believe?) to get that BFG that hangs high above your head. This is the only level where you can get quad damage and battle suit at once and that makes for a real space-high and safe rocket jumps. :D If you are lucky enough you can also get bfg ammo in the small room in the lava lake before your upgrades "power down".

The only problem here is that you need to be, like, real fast to get both these items before someone steals them. With human players it is so hard that you'll probably want an additional medal for completing this cool move. ;)

archonforest

That is right... :D
Otherwise with 100% percent health I was keep surprising my human opponents as when I did a rocket jump they were WTF? Where is the guy? Well I was several meters higher in the air...aiming down with the BFG... :D...bammm! Frag!

N-drju

It is also a good idea to jump on the opponent (yes!) that runs right at you. Then when you bounce from his back just turn around and pull the trigger. Sometimes does work as well. :P

I remember I sometimes got myself into a "camper spree" and simply stayed in one place toasting everyone with my railgun. Yes, I know this is probably lame and cowardly but what a fun it is too! Especially in the "Longest Yard" where you can take out helpless opponents who fly to the quad damage platform. Guys were getting mad at me but each frag earned that way I kept repeating to myself "I gave him good death. A soldier's death." :P