Knights (updated link)

Started by Hannes, May 08, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Love it man! Thanks a ton!

bobbystahr

Wow...these are brilliant models...Would you consider doing a similar set of "average Joe's and Jane's" to add that human element to the landscapes we're all getting better at? Just a needy thought, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I continue to recommend https://mega.co.nz It's free, you can upload up to 50GB, and it's not so much a personal cloud-based file sync tool like Dropbox (where you may have other personal files and so might want to delete a large download eventually, thus breaking the link you posted). It's more appropriate for general file hosting in that regard. Terragen.org is also still viable for this purpose (needs some work though!).

- Oshyan

Hannes

I'm an idiot!
Oshyan, you recommended that before, didn't you? Anyway I forgot that I have an account there... :-[ :-[ :-[

oldm4n

Hannes

Testing a new chainmail shader. After I got more experienced with chainmail (made my own shirt) I decided to create a new shader. I created single flat riveted rings in 3ds max, made a heightmap out of those and that's the result.
Making a more detailed knight as well. I'll keep you informed,

Dune

Smart move! Looking really good.

bobbystahr

great texture...hand rolled is often the best way...you get what you want cuz you know what that is, and don't stop till it appears...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

N-drju

I smell skirmish in the air... :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Nacer Eddine

i think the best idea for me, is to download a full 3D caracter models (its free) in 3dmax or maya for example
make an animation movement by some free animation files
and use terragen as baground also as animation

I already tested it
here it is a simple examples

just with biped without skinnig and ringing with caracter and materials

so its will be very interesting way for a short animation movie

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Hannes

Here is another shader test. I made the textures perfectly seamless. There is a visible seam at the edges of the cube but it's caused by the UV mapping. It's an imported chamfered box. TG has an almost identical object, but there is no possibility to make it 2-sided, so I decided to create a cube in 3ds max and imported it into TG.
Once again it's great to see how TG can create convincing shaders that are more than the usual terrain surfaces.
Btw I unchecked raytrace objects to get real displacement. I probably wouldn't do that for a character render, but for testing purposes it's quite interesting.