Planetside collaborates with Ulco Glimmerveen on new animation

Started by Oshyan, June 10, 2014, 11:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We're really excited to share a brand new Terragen 3 animation based on a scene by Ulco Glimmerveen. Many of you will recognize his fantastic Ponte Salario scene from late 2012. We used a version of it in our Terragen 3 marketing materials, showcasing new GI Surface Details effects and more. Now we've created a full 1 minute long exploration, showing just how thorough Ulco was in its creation. There are lots of little details in here, including subtle grass movement, flowing water, and pushing the limits of the TG3 Depth of Field feature. Watch and enjoy this meditative journey through Ulco's imagination! (be sure to watch in HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1SiJgW77E

- Oshyan

yossam

kaedorg

Hannes

j meyer

Ulco's scene is still great!
I'm not a fan of the somewhat harsh or abrupt transitions
of the (too) short pieces of animation,though.

TheBadger

There is a lot to like in this! But one scene sticks out to me as the best. I made a screen capture of it for my reference files  8)

Nice work on this guys!
It has been eaten.

kalwalt

Amazing work! i hope one day i will able to do something like that! :)
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

otakar

Quote from: j meyer on June 11, 2014, 10:49:25 AM
Ulco's scene is still great!
I'm not a fan of the somewhat harsh or abrupt transitions
of the (too) short pieces of animation,though.

I have to agree. As always with TG, too short. I'd have blended the scenes without so much dead time. And the water animation is not convincing yet (for me). I liked scenes 2 and 3 the best.

Luc

Very nice, fine artistic and technical work here  :D

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

bobbystahr

Agree with Luc...well done to all involved... Shows Terragen really well as Ulco is so good at.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I agree with Jochen and Otakar about the short pieces and the water. The first was a choice to be able to show different types of features of TG3. I too would have liked a longer video with smoother transitions and longer shots, but hey, rendering costs money! A lot. And that was also the problem with the water. We had to take severe measures to get at least a little running water, and due to render time per frame, we even had to skip transparency. It's all a matter of time and money, unfortunately.

bla bla 2