Concert tonite

Started by yossam, June 16, 2014, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

TheBadger

Lambert anything like the sound of Mercury? Hard to believe.
It has been eaten.

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

yossam

Lambert has a good voice................but he's not Mercury by a long shot.  ::)

TheBadger

Ah. Scroll down, and there is some clips ;D ok. No then.
Mercury could cut into you. These two kids in the video sing like kids. Although, I can't sing at all, so.
It has been eaten.

matrix2003

Hey Yossam -

How was the show?

yossam

They did 5 or 6 songs. It was good, but Lambert is no Freddie.  ;D

matrix2003

Check this out: PUSCIFER
Puscifer  is a side project of Maynard James Keenan, known for his work with the bands Tool and A Perfect Circle. As Keenan is the only permanent member he considers the project to be his "creative subconscious", Puscifer could be considered a pseudonym for his solo work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LoiblDKBDc

Pretty spot on. Turn off the video and just listen. The video kinds of kills it.

Later Bill.

Hannes

I first saw Queen in 1978 in Frankfurt and it was the first big concert I ever saw. I was quite impressed. Freddie's death was a big loss for all rock fans, and in my opinion he had such a unique voice that it's impossible to replace him. Queen without Freddie doesn't sound like Queen anymore.
Lambert does a bloody good job, and boy, he can sing! But he reminds me more of the lead singer of an 80s band called Europe.
I think most vocal replacements don't work. AC/DC may be an exception, but Bon Scott's voice is THE AC/DC voice imho.
I saw YES concert videos with some young guys trying to replace Jon Anderson, and it was really poor, although they can sing, but there is no spirit anymore.
Imagine Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant! Ridiculous!!!

yossam

I never got to see Queen live..........I do have the DVD of the Wembly concert. Great stuff.

My first concert was Jethro Tull. "Thick as a Brick" was popular as hell at that time and they did the whole album. I guess the concert lasted about 3 hours and the tickets were like $16.00. Lot of money back then. Ian Anderson could damn well play that flute though.  :D

Hannes

I had a funny experience with a collegue of mine regarding Jethro Tull. She's a real know-it-all, and believes she knows everything about music (and the rest of the world!).
I had some music playing in my night shift, she entered and immediately started to offer her infinite wisdom in terms of music.
She said: "do you know Jethro Tull?"
I said "yes." ;)
then she said with her eyes wide open: "now this Jethro Tull is indeed an excellent musician..."
I tried hardly not to laugh, but then she finished me off saying:
"...this gifted guy with his panpipe!"

I never got the picture of Ian Anderson with a ridiculous woolen cap playing "El condor pasa" in front of a shopping mall out of my head.

masonspappy

Conversation is bringing back a really bad memory.  I graduated from high school in '72, when 'Aqualung' was hitting it big. I loved 'Aqualung' but at the time did not know the name of the artist or the song's actual title.   So one day this girl I was dating asked me if I wanted to go see 'Jethro Tull' and I said 'No thanks, I'm not a fan of country and western groups.'  She just shrugged and said 'ok' and it wasn't until a few weeks later that I learned what I boneheaded remark that was.

TheBadger

Quote from: Hannes on June 23, 2014, 03:29:50 AM
I first saw Queen in 1978 in Frankfurt and it was the first big concert I ever saw. I was quite impressed. Freddie's death was a big loss for all rock fans, and in my opinion he had such a unique voice that it's impossible to replace him. Queen without Freddie doesn't sound like Queen anymore.
Lambert does a bloody good job, and boy, he can sing! But he reminds me more of the lead singer of an 80s band called Europe.
I think most vocal replacements don't work. AC/DC may be an exception, but Bon Scott's voice is THE AC/DC voice imho.
I saw YES concert videos with some young guys trying to replace Jon Anderson, and it was really poor, although they can sing, but there is no spirit anymore.
Imagine Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant! Ridiculous!!!

I just heard on the radio the other day that Led Zep is considering a tour. Robert Plant is the only member who is playing hard to get. But the money involved will most likely change his mind. Would love to hear about a new studio album too. Doubt it though.. Still, would be interesting to see what kind of "new" music zep would make.

About replacing singers, I love Pink Floyd with Roger Waters leading. Gilmore did not work so well for me. But still an amazing band. The bands people are mentioning here are pretty timeless. Probably will still be popular for 100 years or more.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

I'd love to see or hear again some of these guys, but they should really know, when it's time to stop.
I have the 2007 DVD of Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day concert, and I was blown away. They were better than ever, even better than on their last tour 1980, when I was lucky enough to see them in Mannheim/Germany.
This 2007 event would have been some great last performance. I'd hate to see them making fools of themselves on stage.