Beach

Started by mhaze, July 07, 2014, 12:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

With thanks to Dune for some essential tips, I've managed to create a basic beach, something I can build on when I have a good idea.

yossam

Looks good.............. :)

archonforest

Very nice!
If u ever feel to write a tut on how these waves and foams are created feel free :D :D
I would love to learn it ::)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Thanks. The beach is both simple and complex. Two tips don't use planes and don't use a water shader.  First learn to use the simple shape shader as a mask and warp them.  Then use that to mask surface shaders to create the foam.

archonforest

...this is kinda Chinese for me but later when I know more about TG will understand... :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Yes, sadly it takes time but keep on experimenting and just try things.

masonspappy

That's actually quite well done.

choronr

Mick, you've done a fine piece of work here with the waves, foam and shore line. Hopefully, we can gleam some knowledge by yours and Ulco's work. Experimenting is the key;but only if one has a better understanding of the nodes and their interaction between one another.

sjefen

Wow! That's really nice  :D
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Lady of the Lake

Very nicely done.

N-drju

We demand instructions. :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I don't want to interfere or hijack, but I'll probably put some files of my beach setup on NWDA, soon.

mhaze

Don't worry I'll keep it to myself.  I've simply passed on the tips you gave me - hope that's ok

Antoine

Well done !

Quote : "I don't want to interfere or hijack, but I'll probably put some files of my beach setup on NWDA, soon."
Does this mean we have some hope that NWDA will re-open soon ? It would be  great.

David.

Dune

Sure Mick, no problem. And yes, NWDA release is getting nearer, but some issues still have to be taken care of.