Animation key frames???

Started by Windjammer, January 02, 2007, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windjammer

I just upgraded to the Deep+Animation. I can't seem to find how to create key frames to move the camera over time.  Any ideas?

-Windjammer

JohnnyBoy

Move the camera to where you want it on frame1, press Set Camera.
Select the Camera tab - to the left of the position and rotation fields are buttons with a curve and A on them.
Click it and select set animation key.
You may want to set a key for FOV too.
Move the timeline to the next frame you want to set and move and set the camera etc..

Windjammer

Great thanks!

Now I'm dangerous!!!

-Windjammer

sashley

This is great, plan on automating a skybox creation by having the camera move in 90 degree increments and not have to babysit the render. Now if I can just get the network render going, I'll be golden.

Thanks!

-S

JimB

Quote from: sashley on January 12, 2007, 11:08:54 AM
This is great, plan on automating a skybox creation by having the camera move in 90 degree increments and not have to babysit the render. Now if I can just get the network render going, I'll be golden.

Thanks!

-S
Test that the Global Illumination doesn't change on your clouds per frame, causing the tiles not to match.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Adam Chrystie

Another way is to export your height field as a LWO and get that in to Maya via a LWO loader or convert it to .ma via a tool like Modo. THen you can use Maya's animation abilities and once you are done export the camera out of Maya as a CHAN file which terragen reads...

There is a bit of translation that needs to be done once you export out of Maya though...i'm tying to sort out
the differrences between Maya units and Terragen units still..but teh basic motion is imported in to Terragen..

The Mel file that exports Chan files is in the Nuke plugin section at Highend3d.com
--------------------
Adam Chrystie
3D Artist & Infrastructure/Pipeline Developer