Possible to get temporary time based licence for external renderfarm testing?

Started by chrisS@422, October 23, 2014, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisS@422

My company is in the process of trying out a render farm company. we are in the midst of setting up a render test to work out costs, and as they dont have terragen I will need to supply them with a license and the software. For obvious reasons I don't want to give them my license and they will not be willing to buy a license for the sake of a few hours testing... they only work with linux as well so I would also have to supply them with an appropriate version, and to get an accurate costing I would have to use render setting's which exceed the trial version.
Would it be possible to get a temporary, very short time based license and linux render client for this? If not how can I go about this legally and hopefully cost free!

Thanks
Chris

Oshyan

We would be happy to consider making some kind of arrangement for this. Please have the render farm contact us directly to discuss testing and general support of Terragen on their farm. support@planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

chrisS@422

Thanks Oshyan,

Just emailed them to contact the team, The one thing I know is that they operate on linux, you can find out about them at www.renderflow.com. They seemed quite interested in expanding their render engine options so there may be some opportunities to be had!

Regards
Chris

Oshyan

Sounds good. We're in touch. And we do now support Linux, as you probably know. :)

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

It would be nice to know, if that company eventually embraces TG on their farm, to know which company it is :)

Oshyan

I'll let them publicize their support if and when they decide to do so. They do have their trial license now at least, so that's a start.

- Oshyan