50 3D models for 34.95 $ instead of 1495.50 $

Started by Kadri, December 08, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Nice. Holding that models in your hand does have still quite another feeling then digital ones :)

j meyer

Tested the free model,too.
If all of the models are like that you should be aware of some things.
The models have the usual Lightwave issues,so you need poseray to
fix the tesselation problems.
You need a modeler to align the model parts,'cause most parts are not
aligned.Some parts have to be copied aswell to get a full model.
You will most likely have some mapping problems on some models,
because of LW's mapping.(Heavy use of multiple masks,levels)
And you will have to load some images manually,despite of poseray.
Depending on the amount of shaders you'll have to perform a good
deal of tuning parameters in TG.
Nonetheless they seem to be good models...for use in Lightwave that is.
Just saying.

Dune

Thanks for letting us know. I noticed that LW9 doesn't open the scene file where the train is combined, so that has to be done by hand in modeler, and indeed I had my mind going over the tedious task to combine meshes and maps in there. LW 11 might do it all automatically though.

Kadri

Converting objects isn't always a smooth task. No matter what format or software.
Not sure if you know it but for batch converting or merging even Poseray does have those options directly from LWO to OBJ.
And we could help each other too if needed.
At least it isn't a format like MAX that you need absolutely 3DSMax.
Even then you could use the trial versions that most software has.

j meyer

You are right Kadri and I didn't want to belittle the models.
Just wanted to make anyone aware that it wouldn't be a
one button press and it works flawless in TG thing.

Kadri

I wrote it in a general speaking way actually.
But it looks so as it was directed only to you really when i read it ones more :)
It would be really nice if he had at least an OBJ version of each model really.

PabloMack

Only one more day. I don't think they will make their goal. The charge did show up on my credit card.

Kadri

Had some stupid problems with Paypal.
When using the credit card number and address and such isn't enough and you have to use a new account etc. it gets too cumbersome.
I am passing this one. I hope the goal will be reached and you enjoy the models guys.

Kadri

Made hesitatingly a second account (that was easier to do) at Paypal and bought the objects.
Well ready to see what happens is more correct i think :)

yossam

The charge was on my card statement as well. Right now it's a big question mark.  ???

Kadri

Yeah i had give up as you see in my post above, but seeing it here and there and looking at the nice models ones again i made an u-turn.

Dune

Too bad for everybody. I wonder what his goal was? If it's 1000 sales he'd make 35,000 dollars, not bad.

TheBadger

Well at least if your money is back on your cards, then you know they are honest brokers and you can trust them in the future.
It has been eaten.

yossam

My account was credited about midnight last night.............shame it didn't succeed.  :'(