Make Human....a man, to help you render

Started by TheBadger, January 16, 2015, 12:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

No textures or any stuff like that. Just use it as a population to help you better see the scale and distances of your scenes while test rendering.
Made just for you guys in 12 seconds via "makehuman". No charge ;)

See ya.

Oh, yeah, make sure you adjust how tall the man is to something that makes sense to you. With the hat  ;D I usually make my scale helpers 6 feet tall. But I dont know how tall this guy really is, did not think about it till just now.

ok, see ya.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Looks like a fast-draw situation... with a looot of angles to cover for any given shooter. ;)

- Oshyan

TheBadger

LOL, oh man Oshyan. That just gives me so many funny ideas to waste time on. 'Meathead Rob Lowe' like ( https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6ShG5qIMAAnUAr.jpg:large ) in a Mexican standoffoffoffofffff... It goes on till everyone dies.

The two on the right side are stuck in a loop. The one says "WHats up! (all wantabe gangster like) and the other says the same... and it just goes on like that for days, until the one or the other falls.

:D
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Thanks mate..scale folk are always handy.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

otakar

Nice. I'd use it with Mr_Lamppost's grid pack, which I find invaluable.

bobbystahr

Quote from: otakar on January 20, 2015, 06:29:17 PM
Nice. I'd use it with Mr_Lamppost's grid pack, which I find invaluable.

Me as well....that's because we're old school ashundar.com folk otakar
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

TheBadger

Thanks for reminding me of that, otakar.

And thanks for the thanks guys.  :)
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on January 16, 2015, 12:49:22 AM
No textures or any stuff like that. Just use it as a population to help you better see the scale and distances of your scenes while test rendering.
Made just for you guys in 12 seconds via "makehuman". No charge ;)

See ya.

Oh, yeah, make sure you adjust how tall the man is to something that makes sense to you. With the hat  ;D I usually make my scale helpers 6 feet tall. But I dont know how tall this guy really is, did not think about it till just now.

ok, see ya.

Finally got around to checking out MakeHuman...you never mentioned t was a free open source program...guess you forgot that eh TheBadger?

http://www.makehuman.org/content/download_makehuman_102.html
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Just dl'd it so haven't installed it yet so maybe you can answer a few queries up front.

1. does it have texturing ability?...I see it exports U/V mapping

2. does it have a posing editor?

That's about it for now. If it does these things it's well worth installing and even if it only poses and not make textures it's still worthy of an install for me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

There were links in the community forum Bobby.
And to answer your questions:
There are simple textures for eyes and clothing etc.
No posing capabilities,just some rigs for use with progs like
maya and poser and maybe Daz Studio.

TheBadger

J is right Bobby.
But you don't really need to search open though. Its been updated since then. And also, there are no tuts or anything there. Mostly just talk if we liked it or not and why, stuff like that.

The UVs seem pretty good to me. Nice even quads. Both Male and female (including anatomically correct (sort of)) but it all starts like Manson basically: http://images3.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:vh1.com:/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/the_greatest/50_greatest_albumcvrs/marilynmanson.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85 with less hair.

And like J said, you cant pose yet (but I think you will be able too eventually)  the rigging is quite nice and you get several options.
Its more of a really fast way to build pretty detailed base models for further development in other soft.

It is among the easiest 3D softs I have ever used. Much faster then DAZ, for example. But for the time being you are still totally limited to quadruped humanoids, and if you want to change that then you will really need another software too. In that case though, the rigs are pretty much worthless.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Thanks all, sorry if I did a bad without searching but thought I was up to date on stuff like that here...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Do I read that right? Can you export them as rigged, what, FBX maybe? And perhaps pose them in DAZ?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 22, 2015, 03:27:44 AM
Do I read that right? Can you export them as rigged, what, FBX maybe? And perhaps pose them in DAZ?

I think it has Poser rigging for sure and maybe DAZ
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune