50 3D models for 34.95 $ instead of 1495.50 $

Started by Kadri, December 08, 2014, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Got mine...............now to check them out.  ;D

Kadri

Hmm...i have mixed feelings about this. It looks like the most detailed object was the one he offered for free.

yossam

Some of the maps are in .iff format.............. ::)

Kadri

Converting them isn't so much a problem but most detailed parts are bump maps on the objects.
I expected a little more especially after i saw the free object. Still for the money they are good.

PabloMack

Quote from: yossam on January 26, 2015, 03:47:23 PMSome of the maps are in .iff format.............. ::)

Never heard of it myself.

I'm downloading now. You have to consider that models are not highly detailed just because they were used in high-profile movies. The level of detail depends on how close the camera gets to them. But the renders on the website do look pretty good.

Kadri

Quote from: PabloMack on January 26, 2015, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: yossam on January 26, 2015, 03:47:23 PMSome of the maps are in .iff format.............. ::)

Never heard of it myself.

It is an old file format that i saw 15-20 years ago much more.

PabloMack

I've been looking at some of the models and I think they're going to need some work before they will be very useful. Geometry is good but texture images not that great. Of what I've seen so far, none of models have the various parts of their geometry in layers but, instead, various parts are in their own files and have to be combined. For example, the B17 has only one prop in its own file. It needs to be imported into its own layer, replicated into four and then each placed where it needs to go. Then the pivots will have to be set. Not an awful lot of work but has to be done.

Kadri

Load only the scene file and save the objects transformed and it is done(mostly) Pablo.
I think there were scripts-plugins too for saving objects in different layers as one object.

PabloMack

Quote from: Kadri on January 26, 2015, 07:52:44 PM
Load only the scene file and save the objects transformed and it is done(mostly) Pablo.
I think there were scripts-plugins too for saving objects in different layers as one object.

Thanks, Kadri. Seems like I learn something new every day.

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.