Preview gives image of one camera but aspect ratio of another (shouldn't be)

Started by PabloMack, February 20, 2015, 12:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I have set up several virtual cameras for surface-level POV that use two renderers with 16:9 aspect ratios. I then created an orthographic camera to look down on the terrain for creating maps. It's renderer's aspect ratio is 1:1. When I selected a surface-level camera (and its rendering node) then the preview creates an image with that camera's POV but its aspect ratio is 1:1 which is amiss. Also, when I select the orthographic camera with the icon that has two camera's on it and make it the main camera, the preview does not give me an image of that camera but an image of the one that I was just using. Now, no matter which camera (and rendering node) I select as the "current camera", the preview always has a 1:1 aspect ratio.

Oshyan

Try Resetting the 3D preview after switching to a different camera.

- Oshyan

PabloMack

I fired up TG3 this morning and the aspect ratio was 1:1 for a camera that has a 16:9 aspect ratio but after some crunching it suddenly set the aspect ratio to 16:9 as part of the initialization. I'll play with it some more to see if connecting and disconnecting the camera to different render nodes forces it to set the correct aspect ratio. Of course I don't see this problem when every camera has 16:9 AR even though the preview is getting its AR from the wrong camera because it is the same.

I tried changing cameras and disconnecting/reconnecting cameras from/to their rendering nodes. I also deselected and reselected the current camera using the camera selection icon. I get very inconsistent results. It seems the correct aspect ratio is most likely to happen when you exit and reload the program but it often comes up starting with the wrong aspect ratio for the camera that is being pre-rendered and sometimes suddenly switches to the right one afterwards. Strange.

Oshyan