Fake Stone Clip Files

Started by rcallicotte, August 07, 2007, 09:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Thanks to Volker, from whom I've learned a lot about terrain and textures lately, these clip files are my contribution to this already generous group.  These are all ready to go, but you still might want to play around with the values, etc. 

A couple of things:

1.  I built these by looking at what Volker had done and then creating my own from the ground up.  Try doing the same with these to get an understanding, which surpasses surface knowledge, and it will definitely be worth your time.

2.  If you find anything you think could be done better or differently, please let me know.

Enjoy!  If you need to ask me anything, please ask.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Volker Harun

I am a bit off time but will inspect those goodies soon ,)

AndyWelder

Like Volker I'll have little time the next days but say "Thank you" in advance.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

old_blaggard

I'm one more person who will get around to looking at these when his schedule isn't so messed up ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Thanks guys.  I'm interested in criticism, of course.  Hopefully, these will prove useful to everyone and (to reiterate) what I'm doing here mirrors how Volker did something of his I studied.  It might be I've misunderstood something, so feel free to correct me and I'll repost the fixes.

j meyer

Some example pics would be really nice.

rcallicotte

These were all rendered in the default everything except for the 640X480 size.  Nothing was changed to enhance these, which means you would be on your own to change stone density, colors, roughness, atmosphere, lighting, etc.  Freedom to make these your own is a matter of some time and patience on your part.   :D

rcallicotte

More.

rcallicotte

Last one.   ;D

Volker Harun

littlecannon

I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Lupina

Mandrake