1 part scene

Started by bobbystahr, May 05, 2015, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well lack of success on the project I was working on pushed me into playing around. The only object in this scene is the back wall from my tower render earlier. For the domed tower the Broken Tower download had a don=me that came thru the .fbx conversion in Bryce7 so I adjusted it to my scene, made a copy and on one put an Arabic mesh with an alpha and on the other coloured glass from an image done with the Merge shader, Default shader and a Glass shader.|C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

The lighting is very nice. Some more trees or make it a valley surrounded by rocky walls....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 05, 2015, 12:23:44 PM
The lighting is very nice. Some more trees or make it a valley surrounded by rocky walls....

Thanks Ulco, I have it in mind to adjust the SS shader 01 attached to the terrain to do a valley, very perceptive...and I can still get one more pop, the patterned grass around the tower being 1 and the almond trees 2. Thinking one of the more surrealist tall thinner trees I spotted looking for this one.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Here's a nice setup...

bobbystahr

Thanks...I just ellipsed the circle and rotated 30 degrees and voila, instant 10 K long 4 K wide valley..I'll have a look at yours when the test render is done...added a turkey oak pop as well...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I do like it though it turned a bit darker with the addition of shadow casting trees and the nearness of the 'canyon' walls.
C & C most welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Wow, cool!
Especially the fog is very creepy!
Very good!

Dune

How about using a wider FOV and letting some horizon in, so you look into the creepy valley, but also see some mountains in the distance? If you use the file I put there, there's also a long winding crack in the earth, going from the valley towards that horizon. Could be quite cool.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 07, 2015, 03:13:06 AM
How about using a wider FOV and letting some horizon in, so you look into the creepy valley, but also see some mountains in the distance? If you use the file I put there, there's also a long winding crack in the earth, going from the valley towards that horizon. Could be quite cool.
I did attempt it but couldn't get your setup into my scene. Couldn't get it into the default scene where I start from. Will worry that a bit later but have music on tap for a good part of today and tonight.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I managed to get the canyon into a Default scene with mountains and all but am rebuilding the structures outside TG to simplify my objects list. Was going to try clipping them but added a 3D pillar to the corners in the rebuilt model eliminating the need for 4 cubes in the list.
As it's a totally new scene don't expect a render before tomorrow...music got cancelled and it's raining here so no bike ride...I shall TG then all day.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Final Final, heh heh, for this view at least. Canyon by Dune and textures on terrain walls adapted from mhaze's from his flakey rock.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Emmeline

Very ominous - it reminds me of a beacon in the middle of some gaming warzone.

mhaze

bobbystahr

Thanks folks...Maybe I should get into Level Design for games...a post retirement career, hee hee hee,  with 2 out of 3 comment slanted that way.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New