render different from preview

Started by Dune, June 21, 2015, 10:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

What the  #*^? is going on here? Suddenly (I didn't change anything in camera or renderer) the render differs from the preview. Left one is rendering too far from the left, right one (42.5º to the right) is rendering its image too far from the right. Extremely frustrating. TG corrupted?

Advice needed!!

Kadri

It was mostly about motion blur in the camera options before when i saw this kind of problem.
Do you use 1 keyframe for one side and the 2. keyframe for the other side? If so it might be related to that Ulco.

Dune

Thanks for your prompt reply, Kadri. But motion blur is off. I even tried a new renderer, the _bak file, an older version of TG. It's still the same, extremely weird. Before today it all went fine, that's the strange thing.

Dune

It has to do with animation. I indeed set frame 1 at 2.5º and frame 2 at 45º, but formerly rendering each frame separately went fine. It gets corrupted somehow. I deleted the animation and the two angles render fine, but as soon as I make an animation (sequence of 2) and set Y, the angles differ. At least I can work on, but it's weird.

Kadri

Curious.Can you post the TGD Ulco? Just rip all your stuff out and post the TGD if you will.

Dune

Sure, only had to save it in a non-alpha version, but result is the same. Check it out!

Kadri

Ulco look at the Length settings in the camera node under the blur tab.
Make length zero. The Position settings could be the cause too but i think with zero it should be OK.

Edit:I tried different "Position" settings with "Length" at zero.
       It was as it should be all the same. So zero in the "Length" setting is enough.

Oshyan

Correct. This is sometimes confusing, but intentional design. It allows for appropriate matching of camera views/positions between apps when motion blur is going to be applied in post. The frame offset from which the motion blur would be based is still relevant to the view the camera sees and it's necessary to take it into account even when blur is disabled so that consistency is maintained. Some kind of warning when blur is disabled that "blur length is non-zero" (pop-up?) might be a way to mitigate this.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on June 21, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
... Some kind of warning when blur is disabled that "blur length is non-zero" (pop-up?) might be a way to mitigate this...

Yes something like this would be good Oshyan.This comes up too much lately.

Dune

Hey, thanks Kadri (and Oshyan)! I already figured I could easily do without the animation, but never thought of that zero setting, having blur unchecked I mean. Might be good to have those settings linked? Blur off= length to zero?
Still strange though, that initially it worked ok. Only yesterday it 'suddenly' changed, for no reason I can think of.

Oshyan

As I said, it is *intentional* that blur length is *not* affected by whether motion blur is enabled for rendering. But a warning could be helpful.

- Oshyan