The Living Labyrinth

Started by Clay, July 08, 2015, 05:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

Here's a start using Terragen as my main comp background and other tools for the effects, for an ebook cover, a client wanted some specifics so I try to oblige them. When this is all composited together with the text and all that jazz I'll post it up.

Clay

Ok, so here's an update as the cover is progressing. The story behind this book is that a ship crashes on an earthlike planet, and there are wormholes everywhere on the planet, very interesting story if you like to read LOL! The black border around the image is there for reference, its the boundary for tablets and mobile phones etc that way we don't get elements cut off the screen when you load the ebook etc.

archonforest

Cool. Thx for the story. I was not sure what living labyrinth means  :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Very nice man. A well constructed image and nice idea using transparency on the type and not lose the clouds. I didn't think about the black bleed area...well thought out. The client should be well pleased.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

fleetwood

Nice image.
The lower edge of the ship is a little hard to pick out against the terrain colors. It might have more impact (no pun intended) with some slight adjustments to the  lighting or shades of terrain or ship.

Clay

So here's an update on the book cover, still needs a few tweaks but its almost there.

bobbystahr

Great wormhole effect...they should be well pleased for certain now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Clay

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 18, 2015, 04:58:35 PM
Great wormhole effect...they should be well pleased for certain now.
I hope so, I don't dabble to much in creating figures but I decided to break open the ole Daz Studio, when I do figures I get way to picky on myself then get frustrated LOL!

archonforest

Yeah great improvement here! ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd