TG 3.3 crash.

Started by TheBadger, August 09, 2015, 06:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Open new TG. clicked around looking for the new per object RTO parameters. Response was slow.
By mistake I duble clicked on an object, crash.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Version 3.3.03.0 still has to get used to you  ;) (sorry for the silly joke  :P )

Oshyan

When you say "Response was slow", what do you mean exactly? "Response" of what? The UI in general, or some specific part? Were you looking in the node network, or 3D preview? When you double-clicked an object (node, in the node network?), it crashed immediately? Do you know what graphics card you have and do you have the latest drivers?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's surprising it crashed so easily as it seemed quite stable in testing, in general. We'd like to get to the bottom of it, of course.

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Hi Oshyan.

When I say slow, I just meant not instant (instant is how it usually is for me). So for example, from the time I click my mouse, there is a moment before the response. It felt heavy. This was across the board, not one thing.

I double clicked on the object in the left list window. Not the node network center bottom.

So let me ask a question. Is it possible that my system will adjust to software? What I mean is it has felt like, in the past, that software runs better over time. I think it would be strange, but thats sometimes is how it feels. Machines in general can behave like this, and I am just curious if it is possible with software.

Again this happened on the first try with the new version. I have not had time to play again since the OP. But I will get back to it as soon as I can. I am hoping it was a fluke. I really hate reporting crashes. Always makes me feel bad

It has been eaten.

Oshyan

In general your system should not "adjust to new software", but there are some exceptions. One notable one is a system in Windows called Superfetch which caches frequently used applications. However it should only affect startup times, and it also has a fairly negligible effect on modern systems. In terms of actual in-application use, I'm not aware of anything your system would do to "adapt" to an application's needs and give better performance over time.

Do keep us updated about the next time you use Terragen and any problems you encounter...

- Oshyan